About Hayley Edwards - Roving Chef
I launched Roving Chef in late 2008; inspired by my lifelong passion for cooking and food. My belief is that everyone can learn to cook and more importantly enjoy cooking.
I have an extensive background in the food industry - I studied “Hotel Management and Catering” at Suffolk College after leaving school and then worked at “Le Talbooth” in Dedham, Essex. This experience gave me the opportunity to move to Paris and undertake work experience at the “Montparnasse Hotel”. After 9 months in Paris I relocated to London to take up a position front of house at “Langan’s Brasserie” for several years before moving to “The Restaurant Marco Pierre White at The Hyde Park Hotel”, Knightsbridge. Here I again worked front of house until I became Marco Pierre White’s PA.
After working with Marco for seven years I decided to go back to my “cooking roots” and launch “Roving Chef”. The company began by catering large director’s lunches, catering dinner parties and baking and selling cakes to the public. I have always had a belief that anyone can learn to cook and this led me to begin teaching people the skill of cooking in their own home; what “Roving Chef” is today.
At the moment I am working on producing a range of easy recipes for special dietary requirements including gluten free, low sugar and low carbohydrate dishes.
Our cooking lessons:
- Are very ‘hands-on’. What you hear, you forget; what you see, you remember; what you do, you understand!
- Are tailored to your tastes and cooking experience, from novice to competent cook.
- Happen in your home, using your equipment, making it easy for you to repeat the dishes afterwards.
- Include good quality ingredients which your chef will bring along.
- Include professional tips and techniques